Absolutely great for your physical and mental wellbeing to get back in the gym.
Be smart with your training and be ready with your first aid skills.
Remember two simple words for all injuries to ligaments, tendons, muscles and other soft tissues usually called Sprains & Strains
- PROTECT the injured area and stop using
- REST the injured limb and do not put any weight on it
- ICE the injury with an ice pack wrapped in a cloth
- COMPRESS the injured area with a supportive bandage
- ELEVATE slightly as much as possible
- HEAT no hot baths no heat packs
- ALCOHOL no g&ts no beers (unfortunately)
- RUNNING no weight bearing
- MASSAGE no oils no creams
Applying these simple first aid skills can prevent any further damage and promote recovery.